Friday, May 30, 2008

Your anchor or your sail?


I was playing a game on pogo and came across a religious room, even though I didn't know there were those on there. I'll have to go back to this room because it was very uplifting for my downcast soul. It seems we have been living under this grey raincloud for quite a long time. It must have started about mid-summer last year and the more we did to try to get out of it, the more dirt it seemed you dug out of our pit.

Deep into the pit we have sat for nearly 6 months--trying to get out of it. I wouldn't say we are dirt-free yet, but I think we can again see how to climb out of this hole.

So while I was playing this game, they were talking about God's blessings. It made me think about the difference between being an anchor and a sail. Is God your anchor or your sail?

If you believe God is your anchor and is holding you in one place, how will you grow and move towards him? I guess you could believe that by staying in one place you are grounded and not moving is a good thing. However, anchors are useless on dry ground, and if you are in the water --you are moving even if the anchor is trying to hold you to one place.

Isn't it better to let God be your sail? I'd love to feel his breath against my sails moving me in the right direction. Although it seems at times, all you see is gray skies and rain and don't raise your sails in such bad weather so you loose the chance to move out of the bad weather.

I have been living in the rain clouds and have seemed to be anchored to some terrible problems. We need to believe that God will supply our needs to overcome out of our financial burdens and uplift us to higher ground. It looks dark in a pit, but we must have hope that the sun is shining somewhere even if we are chin-high in water.

So who is your anchor and who is your sail?

**s**